There are many benefits to being a freelancer. More people are working from home as remote workers or freelancers. There are benefits. You get to choose your hours of work, you don’t have to undertake the daily hassle of commuting to the office, and you have the freedom to choose those projects that interest you.
There are some difficulties though. One of these is how to separate work life from home life. Working from home can lead to a cluttered and disorganized living space. It helps if you have a designated space for your home office, but you are sure to run out of storage space for your equipment, supplies, and inventory. This is where renting a self storage unit can help you. Self storage for freelancers is the perfect solution to the problem of keeping your work and personal life separated.
Self storage offers a flexible and affordable solution to the problem of where to keep inventory, equipment, or archived files. It allows you to rent a secure self storage unit of the correct size to keep these items for as long as you need. You can access your unit whenever you want, and you can change the size of your unit if your storage needs change.
The Benefits of Self Storage for Freelancers
Self storage is a service that allows you to rent a secure unit of any size to store your goods for as long as you want. Self storage has many benefits for freelancers and will save you money, time, and space while storing your work items.
Save money with self storage
Renting a larger office or apartment when you run out of storage space is costly for freelancers. Self-storage units offer a more affordable alternative, meaning you do not need to hire expensive office or warehouse space. Choose the right-sized unit so that you do not pay for unnecessary square footage. Renting on a month-to-month basis means that you have control over your expenses. Besides, the cost of a storage unit is fixed so you save on utility bills and maintenance costs.
Save time by hiring a self storage unit
Avoid wasting time on commuting or dealing with traffic by choosing a self storage unit near your home. If you organize your work items in your unit so that you can find them easily you will save time spent searching for them in a cluttered work space.
Save space by renting a unit
Freelancers may not have the space at home to store work-related materials. Free up space at home by storing your work items such as equipment, tools, files, and samples in a storage unit. You can rent a secure unit of any size and store your goods safely for as long as you wish. Enjoy your new less cluttered work environment and become more productive with fewer distractions.
Keep your work items safe with self storage
This is one of the greatest benefits of self storage. Choose a facility with superior security features such as surveillance cameras, strict access control, and secure locks. This will ensure that your expensive tools, inventory, or office equipment will be protected from theft.
Self storage is flexible
Freelancers often work on various projects which can result in the need for extra equipment, supplies, and other inventory. Self storage provides a place for you to store these items without finding extra office space. This allows you to downsize or expand your storage space as you require because of the flexibility of the contracts. You are not locked into a long-term contract, so when your situation changes you can take the necessary action.
Business expansion with self storage
Expanding your business as a freelancer means you will need additional space for inventory, stock, or equipment. You may also need extra space to keep your documents or archived files. Self storage is the ideal solution to this and will allow you to expand your business without the need for expensive office or warehouse space.
Now that you have read about the benefits of self storage for freelancers, how do you go about finding a reliable self storage facility?
- Compare different options online. Look for locations near you, prices of the various units, and what features are available. This will help you narrow down your choices and find the best deal for your needs.
- Read reviews and ratings. For a freelancer, this is the easiest and quickest way to obtain insights into the customer service, security measures offered, and the quality of the facility.
- Visit the facility in person before signing the contract. This will enable you to inspect the unit that is on offer. Things to look out for are signs of cleanliness and maintenance of the facility, the security measures offered, and whether access is strictly controlled. Furthermore, ask about the contract and issues such as fees, cancellation policy, and hours of access.
- Make sure that a facility is a convenient option for you, the hours of access suit you, and the location is suitable.
How Stop & Store Lowestoft Can Help You as a Freelancer
When you have decided to keep your work items in one of our self storage units, you can be assured that you have made the right choice in terms of price of storage, security of your goods, and flexibility of our contract.
- Our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV, intruder alarms, and a secure perimeter fence.
- There is easy access to the units for loading and off-loading.
- Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are clean, dry, and secure steel partitioned rooms. To make it easier for you to choose the right sized unit we have a Space Calculator if you are not sure how much space you need for your belongings. Otherwise, contact us if you need any further assistance or information.
- We are open seven days a week to make it easily accessible. Our hours are 8 am to 6 pm so you can come and go as you please during these times.
- Stop & Store Lowestoft is conveniently situated near the railway station in Lowestoft and is also suitable for Oulton, Hopton on Sea, Kessingland, and surrounding areas.
- Please check customer reviews on our website.