It is that time of year again! The holiday festivities are in full swing. Unlike the last two years, this is a year that is unaffected by the travel restrictions and the lockdowns we experienced during Covid which spoilt many holiday plans over the last two years.
Even if you are not one of those that go all out on celebrating, it is difficult not to be affected by it in some way. Stores in the High Street are decked out with Christmas decorations and lighting. You have sent your greeting cards out and are preparing to receive guests over the Christmas period, or you may be the one travelling to visit friends or family over the festive season.
Traditionally this is the time of year to buy gifts for others and to receive gifts. It is often the time when we buy extra furniture or items for our homes as we take advantage of the special offers and sales that are offered online and in the stores. While it is great to acquire new things, it can lead to us having too much stuff which we may not have sufficient storage space for.
Most of us have a shortage of storage in our homes anyway, so any additional acquisitions may make us wish that we had that extra room where we could put things and keep them safely out of the way until we are ready to deal with them. This is where hiring a self storage unit in the Stop & Store Lowestoft self storage facility can assist you whether you wish to store your extra goods for a few weeks, or for a few months.
Self storage is the perfect solution for those times when you need that extra space for a short period of time. Some of our customers describe renting a self storage unit as a game changer. It is like suddenly having an extra room to store all those items in without having to move to a bigger house or apartment.
Utilizing a Self Storage Unit After the Festive Season
When the holidays are over, and any out of town guests have returned home, it is time to take a deep breath, get those decorations down, and get your house back in order.
- If you made use of a storage facility to prepare your house for the festivities and celebrations by clearing out extra furniture or seasonal belongings to make space for guests, now is the ideal time to decide whether you want to bring it back into your home. Or are you enjoying your uncluttered home? Leaving them in your self storage unit keeps them out of the way until you decide what to do with them.
- Add any seasonal items that you may have used over the holidays, such as your festive linen, table décor items, or special crockery you only use at this time of year. These items can take up a lot of space in your home – space you may not have available. Pack them up carefully into strong boxes, label each box in detail, and place them in your self storage unit until next season.
- Your storage unit is the perfect place to store your artificial Christmas tree and decorations, lights, and wreaths. Instead of cramming them away into the corner of a cupboard, or bundling them under the bed, they can be placed in your unit. Instead of stuffing them into a box, Xmas lights can be hung out so that they do not become tangled up where they risk broken bulbs. Other tree decorations will remain undamaged by being wrapped and packed away carefully. This means that when you need them again, even after a year in your self storage unit, they will be in perfect condition when you unpack them.
- You may have received gifts that you cannot use right away, such as a new outdoor grill, or outdoor furniture sets. You will only use these in a few months’ time as the weather warms up. You can keep these in your storage unit until you are ready for them. This is much easier than trying to find a place for them in your home.
- In fact, this is one of the most useful aspects of a storage unit. It is the perfect place to store your bulky seasonal belongings such as camping gear, winter sports gear, or golf clubs and bikes that are not used that often. It keeps them safe, and it is really easy to fetch them when you need to.
Why Use Stop & Store Lowestoft?
Hiring a self storage unit at our facility can solve any storage problem you may encounter. Most of us experience a shortage of storage space at home. For those items that are only used seasonally there is always the problem of where to put them. Instead of cluttering up your precious space at home, rather rent one of our storage units. So make use of your storage unit to clear out storage space at home for those things you need to have access to all year round.
Below are some of the reasons.
- The security of your possessions are our priority, so this is why we have superior security systems in place including 24/7 monitored CCTV surveillance and intruder monitors.
- Our booking process is speedy and convenient. Once we have the relevant documents, you may access your unit.
- Our units are easily accessible for convenient loading and off-loading. We even offer you a trolley to make your task easier.
- Our units vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., so there is a size to suit your requirements.
- Whether you need short or long term storage, we can assist you. You pay the price you are quoted: there are no hidden costs, and if you move your goods in or out during the month you pay a pro rate.
- Please check what our customers have to say about us in their reviews on our website.
Please contact us on:
Tel: 01502 580005 for more information or to discuss your storage requirements.