There aren’t many people who can honestly say that they have enough storage space for all their stuff. Very few of us may be minimalists at heart and be able to live with just a few well-chosen items managing to keep the clutter at bay, but most of us enjoy surrounding ourselves with our belongings and lots of them at that. We find it impossible to throw anything away when we replace it even if we don’t use it any longer. We find it difficult to keep our clutter under control because we may live in a small house or apartment with very little in the way of storage space. This means that there isn’t enough space to put everything away. And the key to keeping tidy is to have a home for all your belongings so you can put them away. But if a home does not have enough storage, then keeping it uncluttered and tidy becomes an almost impossible task.
Finding More Storage Space
Even when you thought there was no more space for storage in your home, there are always ways to eke out a few extra square feet here and there.
- Check the size of your rooms and where possible, add a few shelves or a cupboard, or even a bookcase.
- If you are completely out of floor and wall space, see if you can build a storage unit around a door as the upper wall section of a home is usually not used for shelves.
- Check the space about a foot under the ceiling as a possible place to place a shelf. Make sure this shelf is wide enough to store baskets or storage boxes so that it looks like a feature and to make it useful enough to use to store your stuff that you do not use often, such as seasonal clothes or Christmas decorations.
- When buying beds always make sure that they have storage drawers built in to store bed linen and spare blankets, pillows, etc.
- Use the top of cupboards that do not go all the way up to the ceiling as storage.
So there are a few ways to find storage solutions, even in the smallest home. But if these tips do not cut it with the number of belongings you find you have, then the answer may be to hire a self storage unit at Stop & Store Lowestoft.
Benefits of Using a Self Storage Unit as a Solution to Your Storage Problems
- Your goods will be safe from theft. Even if you wish to store the most precious items that have monetary as well as sentimental value, you can rest assured that they will be safe in our facility. In fact, the level of security at our facility is a level that would be difficult to maintain at your home, as it is in force 24/7.
- You will find that maintaining a tidy home is so much easier when your extra belongings can be moved to a storage unit, and best of all, you won’t have to get rid of any of your belongings. You can keep them safely at the storage unit so they are not cluttering up your home, but when you need to access them, you can do so easily. Your home will look neat, clean, and tidy all the time. This will be particularly useful when you are selling your house, and you need to not only clear your personal items out of the way, but you also need to keep it looking neat to show it to potential buyers. Property agents stress that clutter free homes sell quicker and for more money than homes that are cluttered and untidy, so the extra money you get for your house will offset the cost of your storage unit.
- If you need to make space in your home for a home office as many of us have had to during the Covid epidemic when we have been compelled to work from home, a self storage unit is the perfect place to keep furniture and other items from the room or space which you are clearing.
A storage unit will work for storing your business stuff if you have had to close your office down during Covid. You can move your office furniture, electronic equipment, documents, and paperwork, and even your inventory and products into a storage unit where you can keep it safely until you need it again.
You may even run your business from your storage unit depending on what type of business you have. But many online businesses are run from storage units, as well as plumbing, electrical and any businesses that need storage for tools and equipment.
- If you are planning a renovation of your home, or just redecorating a few rooms, hiring a storage unit will take much of the pain out of the operation. Instead of worrying about your furniture and belongings being damaged by careless workmen, move them into a self storage unit to give yourself peace of mind.
- Moving to a new house will become a whole lot less stressful if you hire a storage unit, especially if you have not yet found a new house, or your new home is not ready. Storing your belongings in a unit while you are in transit makes sense.
How Stop & Store Lowestoft Offers You Storage Solutions
- Our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms. We offer a secure place for business or personal storage, accessible seven days a week. Booking is easy as you book and pay online from your mobile or laptop, we email you your individual PIN and you are good to go. Our units are easily accessible for convenient loading and off-loading.
- Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are modern, steel partitioned rooms which are clean, dry, and secure. They are designed to keep your goods safely.
- We are conveniently situated near the railway station in Lowestoft and we also service Oulton, Hopton on Sea, Kessingland, and surrounding areas.
- Whether you need your unit for less than a month or longer, we are flexible and can assist you.
- If you are not sure how much space you need for storage or contact us, and we can assist you.
- Please check our website for customer reviews.
Please contact us on:
Tel: 01502 580005 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.