Christmas is nearly upon us, our local shop windows are decorated for the season, our High Streets are looking suitably Christmassy with beautiful lights, and malls are playing Christmas music. It is time to start your preparations for the holidays. You are likely to be planning on entertaining friends and family as the strict lockdown rules of last year have thankfully been lifted. You are ready to make memories and enjoy the celebrations. It is a busy time of year and with some organisation you can avoid being overwhelmed by endless to-do lists.
You may find yourself running out of space at home as you bring the Christmas shopping home. You will need to find space for all those presents you have bought, let alone that you are expecting visitors for parties and overnight guests from afar who may be staying with you for a week or two.
Here are some hints and tips to keep you organised as you get ready to enjoy the festive season.
- Tidy up your house, declutter, and get your guest room ready. We all love to decorate our homes with Christmas decorations, put up a tree, lights, and hang a wreath on the front door. Make space for your festive season décor by packing away your normal objects that you have displayed in your home for the rest of the year, into boxes. This way your Christmas accessories won’t make your room look cluttered and compete with your normal décor items. These boxes can be stored safely in a self storage unit where they will remain undamaged until the holiday season is over. If you need to move any items of furniture out to make space for your Christmas tree store these in your storage unit as well. This will keep your home organised and clutter free during the festive season.
- If you are hosting your family and friends at Christmas you know how difficult it is to find space for all these extra guests, and even if they are not overnighting, you still need to find them place to sit and enjoy their meal. It will make your task of entertaining your guests so much easier if you have made space for them by clearing out your rooms and use your self storage unit to create space for them in the short term.
- Guest rooms and any other spare rooms in your house have probably been kitted out to serve as a home office or a study room for members of the family that have been working or studying from home over the past year and a half. Instead of expecting your guests to stay in a room that has the home gym equipment, a desk, chair, and other office equipment, clear it out and put these items in your storage unit. Your guests will feel welcome in your beautiful spare bedroom, and your belongings will be safe and secure in your self storage unit until after the holidays.
- If you have children in the house, there is the perennial problem of where to store their gifts where they won’t be found. In fact, adults are also known to try and find their gifts! After all, half the fun of receiving a gift is that it remains a surprise until it is unwrapped. Kids have an uncanny ability to find their gifts however safely you think you have hidden them away. But by storing them in your storage unit will ensure that they remain the surprise you want them to be right up until it is time to open these gifts.
No sooner have you enjoyed the festivities, the guests have gone home, and you have celebrated the arrival of the new year, it seems that the time is here to pack up all of these decorations and find a place to keep them safely.
Use Stop & Store Lowestoft when you need to store your Christmas Decorations
At Stop & Store Lowestoft we offer a solution for when you need to store your Christmas decorations, either short term or even longer term as you may not have space for them at home.
- It is important that your decorations are stored in a secure environment you want to keep them safely. At Stop & Store Lowestoft our facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms.
- If you need a storage unit in a hurry, our modern, simple operating system enables you to book and pay online for your self-storage unit from your tablet or phone. We will email you your individual PIN code and when we have received your payment, you can access your storage unit straight away. It is as easy as that.
- Our units vary in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, they are safe, dry, pest controlled and ideal for the purpose of storing any of your décor or furniture.
- No contract needs to be signed or a deposit paid. You can hire storage space from 1 month to as long as you need. If you move your goods in the middle of a month, you pay a pro rate. Contact us 01502 580005 for availability in December.
- When you need a storage solution to your festive décor items, or any other belongings you need to store, we have the answer.
- With our long trading hours, you can access the contents of your unit from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week.
- Please check our website for some genuine feedback from our customers.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Stop & Store Lowestoft
92 Denmark Road Lowestoft NR32 2EH