When it comes to decluttering our homes it may take an important event to motivate us to start! We may be expecting some overnight visitors, or we need to make space for a home office or maybe organising a station to use for home schooling. The mess around us may just have got too much for us to live with any longer, and we decide that something needs to be done. When we look around and take stock of what we see, and that our home is a mess with belongings all over the place, we decide that this is the time to make a bit of an effort and pack stuff away. After all, a clean, tidy home makes such a difference, and once we have done the initial clean up, it is easier for us to keep it looking that way.
So if you find that you have no open spaces in your home, your kitchen surfaces are never clear, and your belongings are literally hanging out of your cupboards, here are some ways of solving some of your clutter problems and achieving a clean, tidy home.
Want Your Tidy Space Back? Here is How to Begin
- Start by putting stuff away. Clear the sink area in the kitchen, tidy up your desk, put away your clothes, and take out the rubbish.
- Even doing a quick tidy up can make a difference. Straighten out the dining room chairs, plump up the sofa cushions, and make the beds. Even if it takes 10 minutes, these small steps will make a difference.
- Every home has that dumping place where we tend to place our everyday things like keys, handbags, wallets, and mail when we arrive home. This area needs to be tidied regularly as it can quickly become cluttered, making it difficult to find things.
These habits can become part of your daily routine if you practice them. The reward will be a relatively clutter free home which somehow seems easier to keep that way.
How Can Self Storage Help You Achieve a Home Free of Clutter?
Your home may need a bit more than a few minutes of daily declutter. So you decide that you need to do a bit more than just cleaning out a space or two and you need a major spring clean by sorting through and clearing out the clutter from your entire house. Don’t be tempted to try and do it all in a day. For your own sake, take it room by room. The experts recommend finishing one room completely before moving onto the next. Doing a little bit here and a little bit there may prove demotivating as it will seem that you are not achieving anything.
To make it easier to sort through your belongings, create four piles.
- The ‘keep’ pile. These are the things you wish to keep. This pile could also include those items that are broken and need to be fixed.
- The ‘throw out’ pile. These are those items that you need to get rid of. Bin them and put them out with your rubbish or recycling.
- The ‘donate’ pile. This is for the goods which you have no further use for, but they are in good condition and may be useful for someone else. Donate them to your local thrift shop, or even list them to sell online.
- The ‘store’ pile. These are the items that you may not have any room for at present, but that you definitely want to keep. These may include furniture items, seasonal holiday gear such as camping equipment or skiing equipment, and any items you wish to keep. Hiring a self storage unit may prove to be the perfect solution to this problem. Your goods will be out of your way and at the same time safely stored in a clean, dry environment, protected by a good security system such as we offer at Stop & Store Lowestoft.
Once you have finished each room give yourself a pat on the back and be happy with the outcome which is a tidy, organised home. Before you relax and enjoy it though, work through these four piles. Throw out what you can and decide to whom you will be donating your items that you no longer need but are in a good condition. Some charity is going to be very happy with your donation.
Why Choose Stop & Store Lowestoft
When you decide to declutter your home and have a pile of those belongings that you need to put somewhere safe, but you have no space in your home, please consider a storage unit at Stop & Store Lowestoft.
Our self storage units are modern, lockable, steel partitioned rooms offering a secure place for the storage of your precious belongings. These units come in a wide range of sizes so whether you need to store a few items or an entire household, you will find one to suit you.
Our facility is protected by monitored CCTV surveillance, as well as intruder alarms. Your individual PIN ensures that you are the only one that has access to your self storage unit.
We have many years’ experience in the storage industry, and our central location in Lowestoft makes us accessible.
What makes our self storage flexible for you is that we do not lock you into a contract, we do not require a deposit, and you can hire your unit for as long or as short as you wish. We are open from 8am to 6pm, seven days a week for your convenience.
Enquire, book, and pay online using our simple, fully automated operating system, which you can do anytime. There is minimal personal contact. Once you have paid you get access to your unit.
Our units are affordable. Please see our website for any specials we may be running.
Our location in Lowestoft near the railway station makes us perfectly located to service Oulton on Sea, Kessingland and the surrounding areas.
Check our website for reviews from our clients.
Please contact us on 01502 580005 We look forward to hearing from you!
Enquire now at https://www.lowestoftselfstorage.com/