Spring is here and with its arrival comes the urge to clean the house out to get it ready for the summer days that are on their way. Self storage for spring cleaning can make the task so much easier for you. It is a cost effective remedy to the problem you may encounter of where to keep certain stuff while you spring clean your home, freshen up paintwork, and clear the clutter. Spring cleaning storage can be the a lifesaver when you’ve got too much cleaning to do.
The History of Spring Cleaning
Spring cleaning came from a time when coal was the primary source of heating and cooking in our homes. After months of stoking a coal fire, every surface in the home would be covered in a film of black soot and every piece of furniture including curtains had that particular smell that comes from burning an open fire in an enclosed space.
As soon as the weather became warmer, windows were opened to let the fresh air in, and people began the business of cleaning and washing belongings to get rid of the black dust and stuffy smells.
Fortunately nowadays our heating systems are much more sophisticated and cleaner, but the urge to spring clean still seems to overtake us as soon as the weather warms up and the days become longer!
Why Do You Need Spring Cleaning Storage?
- Gain yourself some space. Spring cleaning normally means shuffling bulky furniture around to reach those difficult-to-get-to corners that may have been neglected during your normal cleaning routine. This can hamper your efforts and is time consuming. Create some much-needed space by moving any furniture and other clutter into dedicated spring cleaning self storage. You can get on with your job of spring cleaning more efficiently and quickly.
- Keep your belongings damage-free. You may decide to carry out some painting and other decorating jobs while you are busy with your spring cleaning. There is the chance of your belongings getting battered, chipped, and paint splattered, especially if you hire contractors to do the job for you. By getting them safely out of the way, and into spring cleaning storage, you ensure that your goods will remain safe for the time it takes to carry out these chores.
- Keep your stuff secure. Although it may be tempting to move your stuff into your garage temporarily while you carry out your spring cleaning, this may not be a viable alternative. Most of our garages or outbuildings do not have the security systems in place to keep our belongings safe from theft. Hiring a storage for spring cleaning in a facility such as Stop & Store Lowestoft that has the best security features will ensure that your goods are kept safely and securely until you are ready to fetch them.
- Rotate your summer and winter items. Spring cleaning also means taking the opportunity to rotate your winter items such as your winter wardrobe, winter sporting goods, and anything you will not be needing during the warmer months and replacing them with your summer goods. Placing your bulky winter items into a spring cleaning storage unit will give you space at home to take out your summer goods such as clothing, patio furniture, garden tools, camping equipment, and summer sports equipment that you intend using over the summer months.
Spring Cleaning Your Garden
While you are busy with this, don’t forget to take the spring clean to your garden. Take out your garden tools and check them for any damage and replace any broken ones. This is a good time to get your lawn mower blades sharpened as your lawn will soon need a mow. Fertilise your lawn and aerate it to encourage a lush green lawn for summer.
Trim bushes, lay down mulch and visit your local garden centre to buy some new shrubs, herb, and vegetable plants to plant up your summer garden.
Whether you conduct a thorough spring clean once a year or more often, it is apparent that renting some spring cleaning storage can help by getting stuff out of the way to give you the space to carry out your cleaning chores. Spring cleaning may seem like a lot of work, but it is surely worth it when your reward is a brighter, cleaner, tidier home.
How Stop & Store Lowestoft Can Help with Your Annual Spring Clean
Once you have decided to hire a self storage unit to keep your belongings during a spring clean this is how we at Stop & Store Lowestoft can help you.
- We can help you with secure storage. Our facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV 24/7 and other sophisticated security measures. You can be sure that your goods will be safe from theft. Our facility is well-lit and protected with secure fencing.
- Our booking system is easy for you to use. It is entirely online whereby you book and pay anytime of the day or night. Once we have received your payment we send you your individual PIN and you gain immediate access to our facility.
- There are no contracts to be signed or deposits to be paid. Check our website for any specials we may be running.
- To make moving in and out easier for you we have trolleys on-site to move your heavy items. Our units are easily accessible for convenient loading and unloading.
- Our storage units are clean and dry so you can be confident that your goods will still be in good condition when you fetch them.
- We have packaging materials and stackable containers that you can get from us.
- We have a wide variety of storage unit sizes, so you are sure to find the right size to suit you.
Please have a look on our website for real customer reviews which will help you make up your mind.
Please contact us on:
Tel: 01502 580005 for more information. We are ready to assist you to solve your storage problems.