Self storage is most definitely not only for storing household and personal items. The benefits of hiring a self storage unit as a business owner are many. Whether you own a small business that is a one man show, a growing business, or a retail outlet, you are sure to experience a shortage of storage space at some stage. Most of your storage problems as a business can be solved by hiring a self storage unit at a facility such as Stop & Store Lowestoft.
Reasons Why Businesses Need Extra Storage
- When you are moving to new premises there is often a need for somewhere to keep your office equipment during the transition phase while you get your new offices ready. Physically relocating your business can take its toll on productivity of staff, so you want to keep disruption to a minimum. Store boxes and equipment as they go so that your old office doesn’t become cluttered and disorganised. This will also give you time to get your new offices ready.
- If your business is growing and needing more space for storage you may decide that you need to look at warehousing. But for more flexibility, it may be worth your while to consider a storage unit instead. You can easily access them when you need to. Hire a unit exactly the size you need so that you are not paying for any square footage you are not using, and if in a few months you need a bigger unit, it is easy to upsize.
- If you have a retail business, you know that every retailer needs space to store inventory and stock. The normal storage space allocated to a retail outlet is often woefully inadequate. Working in a crowded environment isn’t good for business either as customers prefer a store that is organised.
Retail businesses don’t always carry the same amount of stock throughout the year. Sometimes more space is required when the stock levels increase, and at other times, stock levels drop. A self storage unit is a good option as it is flexible with regard to not requiring you to sign a lengthy lease, so you can rent units for shorter periods of time.
- Retailers will need space to keep their seasonal stock and also those promotional items that are used once or twice a year. Pack them away neatly in boxes in order to store them in your self storage unit. This will keep them in good condition, ready for when you need them again.
This will also save space and keep your storeroom free for new stock. New stock and attractive displays encourages customers to buy. This is why you are in business after all – to grow your bottom line.
- As a retailer you know that if it isn’t on display, it won’t sell. So, it is important to manage your inventory in terms of what you display and what your store. With a storage unit nearby, you will always have a place to store your new stock until you are ready to move it into your store.
- A self storage unit offers a solution to the problem of where to run your online business from. Running it from home can work when you’re starting out, but soon you will run out of space for managing your stock, and it will begin to intrude on your home life. Renting a self storage unit means that you will have plenty of space for storing your stock, and also space to pack up your orders.
- All businesses are legally required to keep documents and paperwork for a certain length of time, even in this digital era. These can take up valuable office space, and if you are running your business from home, will soon encroach on your living space. Renting a storage unit will allow you to keep them safe and organised for as long as you need to. Keeping these hard copies off site not only creates more space, but also keeps them secure.
- If you own a business such as a plumbing, decorating, maintenance, or any type of business where you need expensive tools, it is important to have a secure place to keep these at all times. Your garage at home may not have the security needed, and it is not always practical to cart them around in your work van wherever you go. Hire a self storage unit to keep them secure at all times. You also can access them easily whenever you need them.
- Most self storage facilities offer their customers superior security to what is found in most offices and home offices. This protects those items, inventory, and any equipment you keep in your unit.
Why Use Stop & Store Lowestoft?
- Advanced Security. Our security measures which include 24/7 monitored video surveillance, secured perimeter, and is well-lit. We can ensure that your belongings are kept safely at all times.
- Our booking system is simple and can be done online. Book and pay to receive your individual PIN code which allows you immediate access to start storing your goods.
- We have many sizes of self storage units to choose from, so there will definitely be one to suit your needs. Our units are clean, and our facility is well kept which gives our customers the confidence that their goods will be safe whilst they are in storage.
- Our hours of business are 8am to 6pm for your convenience.
- Please check our website for customer reviews, and for any specials we may be running.
Call us at Stop and Store at 01502 580005 or visit us at 92 Demark Road Lowestoft, NR32 2EH