Summer is here at last! Now is the time to take part in those activities that you have been dreaming about and planning for the last few months. It is also the time of year to take advantage of the weather and the long summer evenings and make the most of your garden and patio to entertain family and friends. Self Storage Unit
Bring out your camping gear, canoes, bikes, and sporting equipment such as golf clubs as the summer months are the perfect time to use all these. If your house is too small to store these items you may already have a storage unit that you rent to keep your seasonal equipment. A storage unit is an ideal place to keep your garden tools and equipment such as lawnmowers and leaf blowers that you don’t need daily for most of the year. Those who are seasoned users of storage space know that making use of a storage facility is a great way to keep your home in order, whatever the season.
It is the perfect time for that summer clean up when you can put away all that winter stuff. If you had to wade through boxes of stuff to get to your patio furniture and your barbeque grill, you may wish to consider doing your clean up by putting all those unnecessary winter items into a self storage unit. Your home will have a lot more space, and you will not be confronted by these winter belongings every time you need to find something.
Getting Organised for Summer
If you have never used a self storage unit for storing your seasonal goods before, you will be amazed as to how many winter things you actually own that you can store all summer long. This clutter is probably packed away in your garage, shed, attic or taking up space in your cupboards. There is a way you can remove it from your home and store it safely at a facility such as Stop & Store Lowestoft for the summer months until you need it again.
- Sort through your bulky winter clothes and pack them away in boxes. Consider using the airtight stackable plastic bins that you can hire from Stop & Store Lowestoft as these will keep your clothes mould and mildew free. Summer brings heat and humidity and to prevent any moisture-related damage to your belongings ensure that any clothing your are storing is clean and properly dry before putting it away.
- Skiing equipment is expensive, so you need to store it carefully. Skis shouldn’t be stored in your attic or garage in case they get damaged. After you have applied ski storage wax to your skis, pack them carefully in your storage unit. Store your ski boots once you have cleaned them and made sure they are dry. Pack them in their original box if you still have it or wrap them up in a cloth. Use moisture absorbers in your boots to prevent mould and mildew forming.
- Label your boxes clearly so that if you need to find something in a hurry, you will be able to. Pack the boxes that you will not need in the foreseeable future at the back of your unit, with the stuff you may need easily accessible at the front.
You may be wondering what else you can use a self storage unit for. Here are some of the most common reasons why our customers use our facility when they run out of space at home or at work.
- Moving house? Summer is the time when most moves happen. Renting a self storage unit can prove to be a boon during this stressful time. At Stop & Store Lowestoft our largest unit can accommodate the contents of a three bedroomed home, so you will definitely find the right sized unit for your needs.
- If you are a student and you need to move your stuff out of your dorm room, but you don’t necessarily want to move it back to your family home, hiring one of our smaller units will solve this problem.
- Are you renovating your home during the summer months? By moving your furniture into one of our units will allow the renos to go ahead unhindered. The chance of your belongings being damaged by careless workers is minimized. The entire process will run smoothly if you move these items out of the way.
- As far as business storage is concerned, we can store all your archived documents safely. This will free up space in your office and save you money as hiring a self storage unit is much more cost effective than hiring extra office space.
- If you have a retail store and need extra storage space for extra inventory or new stock, hire one of our units. We are centrally situated making our facility ideal when you need long term or short term storage.
Why Choose Stop & Store Lowestoft
Our self storage facility in Lowestoft ticks all the boxes. So when you need to store some of your seasonal goods either in summer or winter, please consider renting a storage unit at Stop & Store Lowestoft.
- Our self storage units are modern, lockable, steel partitioned rooms offering a secure place for the storage of your precious belongings. These units come in a wide range of sizes ranging from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, so whether you need to store a few items or an entire household, you will find one to suit you.
- Our facility is protected by monitored CCTV surveillance, as well as intruder alarms. Your individual PIN ensures that you are the only one that has access to your self storage unit.
- We have many years’ experience in the storage industry, and our central location in Lowestoft makes us accessible.
- What makes our self storage flexible for you is that we do not lock you into a contract, we do not require a deposit, and you can hire your unit short term or long term. We are open from 8am to 6pm, seven days a week for your convenience.
- Enquire, book, and pay online using our simple, fully automated operating system, which you can do anytime. There is minimal personal contact. Once you have paid you get access to your unit.
- Our units are clean, dry, and affordable. Please visit our website for any specials we may be running.
Our location in Lowestoft near the railway station makes us perfectly located to service Oulton on Sea, Kessingland and the surrounding areas.
Check our website for reviews from our clients.
Please contact us on 01502 580005 We look forward to hearing from you!