The first signs of spring are beginning to show which is enough to lift our spirits! The days are getting longer, the sun is warmer, and it is time to plan for those lengthy summer days and evenings. This is also the time to start packing our bulky warm clothing and other winter belongings away.
You may find that you are running out of storage space at home for the winter stuff that you wish to put away. These seasonal items that are only used for a part of the year can take up much needed storage space. You may not even have enough cupboard space at home to store these bulky winter items.
An alternative is to consider hiring a unit in a self storage facility nearby such as Stop & Store Lowestoft where you could store all your seasonal belongings safely.
Self Storage of Winter Goods
Sorting through and packing up your winter items for storage will declutter your home and make space for your summer gear.
- Winter sporting equipment such as ski equipment, sleds, and skates that you won’t be needing until next winter can all be packed away in your self storage unit. These are expensive items and can get damaged unless they are carefully packed away.
- You may even consider packing away your Christmas decorations to keep them safely as you won’t need these until next winter. Christmas trees, decorations, lights, and wreaths take up a lot of space so by keeping these in your unit will free up space at home.
- Bulky winter clothing are the items that can clutter up your cupboards. Keep them in your chosen self storage facility is an option to solve the shortage of space in your closets.
Some Tips for Successful Storage of Your Winter Clothes in Storage Space
Here are some useful tips to ensure that your clothes are stored safely and remain in good condition so that they come out of your storage space in the same condition as they went in.
Being well organised is everything when using self storage, so the more planning that goes into your packing, the better the results will be.
- Make sure your clothes are laundered and completely dry before packing them up for storage. Dirty or damp clothes attract mould, start to smell, and could even attract moths and other pests that could cause major damage to your clothes.
- This also applies to shoes and boots which should be clean and dry when stored.
- While you may be tempted to vacuum seal your clothes, this is not always advisable. Clothes need to breathe if they are made of natural fibers such as cotton or wool, so depriving them of air is not ideal. It will also result in your clothes coming out very wrinkled if stored this way for any length of time which means you will need to iron everything, a pastime that not many of us enjoy!
- Some of the best types of containers for storing clothes are stackable plastic bins. These can be stacked on top of each other and will not collapse. They also help to keep your unit organised and tidy. They will keep your clothes in good condition as they will remain dry, mould free, and safe from any insects. Stop & Store Lowestoft offer these for rent.
- Never store clothes in plastic bags as these bags can deteriorate and leave your clothes in a jumbled mess. Plastic bags cannot be labelled either which will cause you difficulty in keeping track of your belongings.
- Label each box in detail as to what is in it. Keep a detailed inventory of everything that you store. This way you can access anything in your storage unit easily and quickly.
- It’s advisable for each family member to have their own storage bin for their clothes to keep everything from getting muddled.
- A clothing rack on wheels is extremely useful for hanging your clothes to keep them in shape. It is ideal for your jackets, coats, dresses, and suits. Keep them protected in a garment bag, and ideally use some mothballs or pheromone strips to discourage the moths or insects from ruining your clothes.
Why Use Stop & Store Lowestoft Storage Space?
The great thing about Stop & Store Lowestoft is not only that it is easily accessible but also that we offer a wide range of storage solutions. When you run out of storage space at home, the fact that you can store your seasonal items safely and inexpensively will free up that much-needed extra space at home.
When you are storing seasonal items, one of the most important consideration is the security of your goods. Our storage facility is fully secured with 24/7 monitored CCTV and intruder alarms so you can have peace of mind that your goods are safe. After all, these items are expensive and the last thing you want to worry about is that they may be stolen.
With our units varying in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft, you can choose the one that will suit your needs. They are clean, dry, and secure steel partitioned rooms. To make it easier for you to choose the right sized unit please use our Space Calculator to assist you.
Our units are safe, dry, pest controlled and a perfect place for the storage of seasonal clothing, sporting, and camping goods, gardening tools, Christmas decorations and seasonal items that are in your way at home.
The fact that we don’t bind you to a contract is an added advantage as there are no contracts to sign and no deposits to be paid.
There is easy access to the units for loading and off-loading. We are happy to offer you a trolley to help with your move.
We are open seven days a week for your convenience. Our hours are 8am to 6pm so you can come and go as you please during these times.
Stop & Store Lowestoft is conveniently situated near the railway station in Lowestoft and is also suitable to service Oulton, Hopton on Sea, Kessingland, and surrounding areas.
Please check customer reviews on our website.
Give us a call on 01502 580005 for more information.