The demand for self storage units continues to grow even as we are facing a recession brought on by numerous factors including rising energy prices and the aftermath of the corona virus pandemic. There is a trend to downsize our living arrangements post corona virus as we may need to make lifestyle changes because our economic circumstances have changed. This could mean giving up your apartment to move back into the family home as you can no longer cover your expenses or downsizing your house to a smaller one that is cheaper to maintain.
More of us are experiencing difficult life events including what is known as the four D’s, namely divorce, downsizing, dislocation, and death. These can be as a result of the ongoing consequences of Covid-19. Statistics show that all of these four D’s have increased during the pandemic and post pandemic.
When you need to downsize as a result of the adverse effects of the pandemic, consider hiring a self storage unit to keep your possessions either for the long or short term. It can help when coping with these tough times because at least the stress of wondering what will happen to your belongings is removed. You can then get on with solving your other problems while staying assured that your assets are safe and secure in storage.
Although we tend to think of self storage only when we need to store our personal belongings, it can be successfully used to solve some of the business storage problems that any business is bound to encounter. Businesses have definitely not been immune to the consequences of the pandemic.
Why Businesses Need Self Storage
- Businesses have also gone through a very difficult time with some unfortunately failing to make it through the pandemic. But for those that have survived, some have had to downsize their office arrangements as their employees were legally required to work from home. For many it was an easy choice: store their belongings in a self storage unit until such time as everything went back to some sort of normality. Once they managed to get back on track again it was a case of taking their assets out of storage.
- One of the consequences of employees working from home has been the realisation by business owners that they can operate in a much smaller space. This has led to many of them downsizing their office space. But even in downsizing, there is still a need for businesses to store their assets, so self storage facilities offer them this option.
There are the more traditional reasons why business may need self storage that are not connected to the pandemic at all.
Here are some of the most common reasons why businesses need self storage:
- when moving office,
- when they need documents and archives stored,
- for the storage of stock and inventory.
Hiring a self storage unit is much more affordable and cost effective than renting additional office or warehouse space.
- Moving to a new business address often requires the use of self storage especially if you are relocating to a smaller premises. Any extra furniture and office equipment that you no longer have space for but you do not necessarily want to get rid of, can be stored in a self storage unit until such time you have decided what to do with it.
- Many types of businesses need to keep records and documents stored for years as part of their legal requirements. Documents such as bank statements, invoices, and tax records need to be kept in case they are required at any stage. Professionals such as accountants and legal practitioners are also obliged to keep records for extended periods of time. Safe and accessible storage is essential for these documents. If you have limited office space, your business is likely to run out of storage space for these important papers. An easy solution to this problem is to store them in a self storage unit where they will be safe and secure. Our storage facility, Stop & Store Lowestoft, has a wide range of sizes for you to choose from so you only pay for the space you need.
- If your business needs to store stock and inventory, hiring a self storage unit can solve this problem. This could be a seasonal issue where you need a short term storage solution just to see you over for a month or two. Stop & Store Lowestoft does not require deposits or insist on a lengthy lease, so it is something to consider next time you are experiencing this problem. This will benefit your bottom line by minimizing overheads because self storage is surprisingly affordable.
- What if you have a business growing at a rapid rate? This can lead to problems of running out of space to keep everything. Entrepreneurs of all sorts can benefit from using self storage. It is not always practical to run your business from home, especially if you have items that need storing. Our home security is seldom of the best so there is always a chance of losing goods during a break in. Stop & Store Lowestoft have top of the range security practices in place ensuring that your expensive tools of the trade are safe.
- Retail and e-commerce business owners, tradespeople such as electricians and plumbers who have many tools to store, and anyone involved in the construction or decorating business can all successfully use a self storage unit to store their goods while they operate from their home office.
How Stop & Store Lowestoft Can Assist You
We are available to advise you on how our self storage facility can help you with your home or business assets.
- Our facility is protected by monitored CCTV surveillance 24/7, as well as intruder alarms. Your individual PIN ensures that you are the only one that has access to your self storage unit.
- What makes our self storage flexible for you is that we do not lock you into a contract, neither do we require a deposit. We are open from 8am to 6pm, seven days a week for your convenience.
- Enquire, book, and pay online using our simple, fully automated operating system, which you can do anytime. Once you have paid you get access to your unit.
- Our units are affordable. Please check our website for any specials we may be running.
Our location in Lowestoft near the railway station makes us perfectly located to service Oulton on Sea, Kessingland and the surrounding areas.
Please contact us on 01502 580005 We look forward to hearing from you!