Whether you are taking a year off to travel abroad, your life circumstances have changed, and you need to downsize, or you have decided to operate your business from a storage unit, your circumstances dictate that you need a storage solution for the foreseeable future. Deciding to pack your belongings up in order to store them for the long term is a big decision. Is long term self storage the best option in any of these scenarios, or are there other options to consider?
If you need to pack up your life’s belongings while you travel or go abroad for work, it may be more viable if you sell your home and put your goods into long term storage. Or it may suit you to rent your house out on a long lease, but you choose not to leave your furniture in it as you do not want tenants using your stuff. You need a storage solution that will enable you to embark on your new adventure without the stress of worrying about your stuff.
Do you need to downsize as you are retiring, or have you lost a partner? Often it is difficult to make long term decisions when we are going through a difficult patch. Hiring a long term storage unit to keep your excess items of furniture while you decide what to do with them makes sense. You may wish to leave them to your children who do not yet have the space in their accommodation to take on this furniture, but they want you to keep it for them for when they acquire their own homes. It is not wise to make these difficult decisions quickly when you need to work through some emotional problems first. Rather put your furniture into long term storage to give yourself time until you feel ready to deal with it. You don’t want to regret making a quick decision.
If you are a student and want to take a gap year, hiring a storage unit for your belongings makes sense. Instead of moving all your stuff back to your parent’s home, find a storage facility nearby to store your goods. They will be safe for you when you move back to the university to finish your studies.
If you have no space at home, or if storage at home or with friends or family is not an option, then hiring a self storage unit for the long term may be the solution to your storage problems. There are many benefits to be gained by renting a suitable storage space, and peace of mind is one of these.
- By storing all your belongings and vacating your accommodation, you will no longer have to pay rent so this can save you the difference between your rental and the price of your unit.
- Storage facilities such as Stop & Store Lowestoft have a wide choice of unit sizes so depending on how much you need to store, you will be able to find one to suit you.
- By using a storage facility with modern secure units and good security you can be sure that you will not lose your belongings to theft, or that they will be damaged by pests, moisture and mould, no matter how long they have to remain in storage.
- Finding a well-managed self storage facility with secure units where you will be sure that your belongings will be safe is therefore of prime importance when you are considering long term self storage.
Most of your belongings can be put in long term storage if they are packed properly. Consider placing pallets on the floor of the unit and covering them with tarpaulin so there is no danger of water seepage over the long term.
Packing clothes in plastic boxes, instead of cardboard boxes is better for long term storage. Never use plastic bags as storage containers because they tend to disintegrate which will leave your belongings all over the place.
Wrap furniture in blankets and wedge with pillows and cushions to prevent any damage. Electronics and appliances must be packed with extra care and keep chargers and plugs together with the correct gadget.
Labelling each box with the details of what you have packed in it will make unpacking much easier.
If possible, have someone on standby who can pop in now and again to check that everything is in order.
Hopefully, these tips will help you when you are organising your belongings for long term storage.
Benefits of Using a Self storage Unit at Stop & Store Lowestoft
- Our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms so you can have peace of mind that your goods are safe.
- There is easy access to the units for loading and off-loading. We have trollies available for your use.
- Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are clean, dry, and secure steel partitioned rooms. If you are not sure how much space you need contact us, and we can assist you.
- Our easy to use technology mean that you can secure a self storage unit online from your mobile or tablet, pay, and when you receive your individual PIN code to access your unit, you can move your goods in immediately. Our aim is to keep it as simple as possible for our clients.
- Rent a self storage unit from 1 month to as long as you need. There are no long leases to sign, and we do not require a deposit on some units.
- We offer a secure place to store your belongings when you need long term storage. Our facility is accessible seven days a week. Our hours are 8am to 6pm so you can come and go as you please during these times.
- Stop & Store Lowestoft is conveniently situated near the railway station in Lowestoft and is also suitable to service Oulton, Hopton on Sea, Kessingland, and surrounding areas.
- Please check customer reviews on our website.
Please contact us on 01502 580005 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.