Self storage has become the go-to solution when we need to make extra space in our homes. We have been forced to relook at how we use space in our homes, especially during the pandemic which has changed the way we work and live.
We have had to make lifestyle changes because for over a year we have been unable to work, study, or travel as before. Many households have needed to accommodate members of the family that they thought had left for good, for example moving away to university, but have come back to the family home. The major issue for many of us has been that we have needed to work from home when offices and modes of transport throughout the country closed down for months on end. It has also meant that children had to follow their school curriculum online as schools were closed down, and students have had to continue with their university education online.
All this has placed pressure on our families in terms of finding space in our homes which may already have been short of space to keep everyone happy and productive. Creating extra space means finding a place for what is there but is now considered redundant. Not everyone has the benefit of a large garage, basement, or attic for the storage of these items that we may only need to use again in the future. You may decide to turn a spare bedroom into a quiet home office area, so instead of the bedroom furniture that is already there, you will need desks, cabinets, and place for your office printers and other equipment. Instead of getting rid of that furniture you are not using, consider Self storage as a cost-effective option where you can store it for as long as you wish. At Stop & Store Lowestoft we will safeguard your unused furniture at our modern facility until you need to use it again.
Self storage – Not only for Household Goods
- Many people are finding interesting and creative uses for our self storage units, but one that is gaining popularity is using a unit to set up a new business buying and then selling goods online. You can set up your distribution business without using the traditional methods of hiring warehouse space with the obligatory long leases and large deposits. Instead you can hire one of our units at Stop & Store Lowestoft where we require no deposit, and no lease needs to be signed, freeing up your cash for you to use where it is needed. You can use your unit to pack goods and distribute them. Our long opening hours make it is easy for courier companies to make deliveries and pick-ups.
- If you are an owner of a national franchise business that fixes and maintains household appliances you will need a secure place to store your tools, machines, spare parts, and anything else to do with your business. By using a storage unit to keep all these essential items you can hold your stock securely. This makes your business more efficient as you get to service your customers quicker by having parts immediately available instead of waiting for them to be delivered from head office. A self storage unit that stores your tools and stock also means that you do not need to find space for them at home or have the added expense of hiring a warehouse with the hassles related to that.
- Owners of retail shops encounter major problems with storage when the new season’s stock arrives or when they need additional stock for their sales season. Their storerooms at their shops may be full to overflowing and extra space is desperately needed. A self storage unit nearby is the perfect solution. The extra stock is safe from theft, stored in a clean, dry unit. What could be more convenient? Hiring extra retail space for storage is an expensive option and self storage is perfect to store the seasonal fluctuations in your stock levels. You only hire a unit for the time you need it, whether you need a short term or a long-term rental. You can also easily upsize or downsize your rental unit if you need to.
- Businesses such as picture framers need space to keep their machinery and stock, but often in the retail space they occupy, there is not enough space. They may not necessarily wish to rent more expensive retail space, so a self storage unit will solve this problem. Some of the units may even be suitable to carry out the framing as there are some large units with plenty of square footage available.
This goes to show that self storage can be used in so many ways and no matter what your professional or home situation is, when you need to store any extra items and you need the peace of mind that they are safe from theft, environmental damage, and that the cost will not be excessive, self storage is definitely worth considering.
Benefits of Using a Self Storage Unit at Stop & Store Lowestoft
- Stop & Store Lowestoft is conveniently situated near the railway station in Lowestoft and is also suitable to service Oulton Broad, Hopton on Sea, Kessingland, and surrounding areas.
- There is easy access to the units for loading and off-loading.
- Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are modern, steel partitioned rooms which are clean, dry, and secure.
- Our state-of-the-art technology mean that you can secure a self storage unit online, pay, and when you receive your individual PIN code to access your unit, you can move your goods in immediately.
- Rentals are available from 1 month to as long as you need with no contracts or leases that need signing.
- The storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms.
- We offer a secure place for your business or personal storage, accessible seven days a week. Our hours are 8am to 6pm.
Please contact us on 01502 580005 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.