There are many benefits to be had from using a self storage unit for storing those items that you have no longer have room for at home. This is apparent in the number of self storage facilities that are available all over the UK and the fact that more and more people are making use of these. Most towns and cities have a storage facility, and the popularity of self storage is growing as people realise that using self storage is a much more cost effective option than moving to a larger home to gain storage space, or if you are a business, hiring a warehouse, or renting extra office space.
Some Benefits of Using Self Storage
When it comes to choosing a self storage facility there are certain aspects to take into consideration. At Stop & Store Lowestoft we are always happy to answer any queries you may have.
- Security is always the issue at the top of the list of what customers are looking for. Everyone who uses self storage needs the assurance that their belongings will be safe from theft. That is why our facility has sophisticated security systems in place which are superior to most home security systems. So storing your stuff in your garage is not as safe as entrusting your goods with us.
- There are a range of different sized units at our facility so that you can always choose the right size depending on what you need to store. It is important to calculate how much space you need because the price increases for the larger units. So whether you need a small unit for a few valuables or documents, or a larger one for the contents of a three bedroomed home, take time to calculate the correct size.
- A storage unit must be clean, dry, and free of pests in order for your belongings to be kept in an optimal state and not be damaged by mould, mildew or insects and vermin. Any of these can cause major damage to clothes, furniture, appliances and any documents or photographs. The way you pack and the packaging materials you use can also encourage mildew and/or pests, so you need to be careful of what sort of packaging you use.
- At Stop & Store Lowestoft we rent out plastic moving boxes or crates which are stackable and designed to keep your belongings safe. We also have trolleys to help you move heavy items from your car to the unit. Our aim is to help you where we can to make your experience with our storage facility as pleasant as possible.
- One of the benefits of storage is that you are not locked into a long term contract and there are no deposits to be paid. You also pay what you are quoted as there are no add-ons for municipal services or electricity as you would be billed for by hiring a warehouse or extra office space.
- There is great flexibility with regards to the length of storage as you can hire a unit for a few weeks or for as long as you need it. You have easy access to your unit so you can add to it any time or fetch your stuff when you need it.
Some Tips for Successfully Storing Your Belongings
There are certain steps to follow for storing your belongings safely so that you can be sure that by the time you need them again, be it in a month or even after a year, you will find them undamaged and in good condition.
The general rule for storing clothes successfully is to make sure that they are freshly washed and completely dry before packing them away. Any marks from deodorant or other stains can become permanent over time. Dry clothes will mean that there is no possibility of mould or mildew forming as these will ruin your garments.
It is preferable to pack your clothes in clear plastic crates. This will enable you to easily see what is in the box. Cardboard cartons are not such a great idea as insects and mice can easily chew their way through the cardboard.
Use sheets and bedding to wrap around your sofas and chairs once you get them into the unit.
Tables can be stored upside down to save space. If any of your furniture items can be flattened this will save space too. Be careful of wrapping wooden items in plastic as this can cause condensation which will lead to mould and mildew problems.
Mattresses should be stored flat as the stuffing will fall to the sides if they are upright.
Make sure any appliances such as washing machines and fridges are drained and dry to keep the moisture out of your stored goods.
Tv’s and other electrical equipment should ideally be stored in their original boxes but if you no longer have these, wrap them in bubble wrap and then blankets. Keep their cords and chargers together and in a safe place where you will find them easily.
How Stop & Store Lowestoft Can Benefit You by Offering Solutions to Your Storage Problems
- Our storage facility is fully secured with monitored 24/7 CCTV and intruder alarms. When you need a secure storage space you can be assured that our facility is that place where your goods will be safe from theft.
- Our booking system is simple. Book and pay online from your mobile or laptop, we email you your individual PIN and you are good to go. Our units are easily accessible for convenient loading and off-loading. We have a trolley available for your use. Ask us about our stackable plastic boxes which are ideal for keeping your goods safely.
- Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are modern, steel partitioned rooms which are clean, dry, and will ensure that your goods remain free of mildew.
- Whether you need your unit for less than a month or a lot longer, we are flexible and can assist you. We do not require a deposit, and if you move your goods in or out during the month you pay a pro rate.
Please contact us on:
Tel: 01502 580005 for more information. We are ready to assist you solving your storage problems.