Short term storage enables you to store your stuff away from home for a short period of time. It is a very convenient option in that you can store your goods for a time as short as a few weeks. When using one of our self storage units at Stop & Store Lowestoft you can be sure that your goods will be kept safely, whatever the reason is that you require short term storage.
Moving House is when Short Term Storage Will Make Your Life Easier
Moving house comes to mind straight away when considering reasons to make use of short term storage. Packing up and moving can be one of the more stressful ordeals you will encounter. There is so much to organise and plan to carry out a successful move. Unfortunately, dealing with sorting through and packing up an entire household of possessions can overwhelm even the most organised of people. So any help you can receive from wherever it comes should be welcomed.
So when you are faced with the prospect of moving house, these are some of the reasons why hiring a unit for short term storage can make your life easier.
Short term storage will help you sell your current home quicker
- When you consider the reasons why you are moving and what attracted you to your new house, one of the main ones will be that you were looking for more space for you and your family to grow into. The same will work for a family when they consider why your current home is perfect for them. If it is cluttered and filled with your possessions, they will not be able to appreciate the space available. Just by moving some of these into a storage unit will show what space there is to potential buyers. As the saying goes: Space Sells Houses!This will also begin to help shape your move in that you will sort through your stuff and clear out those areas that we tend to ignore when living in a house, such as the attic or the garage.
It also means that you will not be paying to move items that you may no longer need as this clearing out makes it easier to get rid of unwanted items.
By storing those items that you won’t be needing while selling your house will help you get your house looking uncluttered and attractive to buyers.
These are some of the areas in your home to consider clearing when you wish to make a good impression on potential buyers.
- Clear out the garage so that buyers can actually see a space to fit a car, instead of an extra storage space.
- Clearing out your attic will make a good impression of space available.
- Clearing the tops of cupboards and counter tops in the kitchen make the space look fresh and uncluttered.
- Removing extra or excess furniture from a space will let potential buyers see what space is available for their stuff.
- Packing away personal collections and photographs will make your space appear more neutral and easier for buyers to picture themselves in your house.
Short term storage will allow you to do your packing in stages
You do not know how long it will take to sell your home, but if you have cleared the clutter and packed up a substantial amount to place in storage, the final move will not feel as daunting as before.
This process will also show you what items you really no longer need in your life, and you can safely get rid of them permanently.
The emptier your house is, the easier it is to keep clean and tidy when you need to show it to potential buyers
Your priority when selling your house is to get top dollar and to sell it as quickly as possible. If your house is presented well to prospective buyers, your chance of achieving this is better.
Once you have sold your old house, you can use short term storage to your advantage with the move to your new house. When moving, there is always something to be done in the new house. So before moving in lock, stock, and barrel, while most of your belongings are in storage, make use of this opportunity to do any painting or redecorating. You may need to replace carpeting, or do some electrical work, so take advantage of not having all your stuff around you and get some of these projects done.
There are other reasons why people make use of short term storage. One of these is if you rent a room in your house or even your entire home on Airbnb and you need to safeguard some of your items. You will definitely not want strangers having access to your personal items. You may have valuable antiques or pictures you wish to pack away while you have strangers in your home. Hiring a self storage unit at our facility is the perfect solution to this problem.
Solve Your Short Term Storage Problems with Stop & Store, Lowestoft
When you need to solve your short term storage problems, Stop & Store Lowestoft is for you. Not only can you hire one of our units for as short or as long as you need, but our units also come in a variety of sizes, so there is one to suit you. With our many years of experience in the storage business we know that people are looking to solve storage problems with the minimum of hassle. Because of this, we offer the following:
- A very secure facility with monitored CCTV cameras and intruder alarms ensure that your belongings remain secure.
- No long term contract or lease to sign, and no deposit to be paid.
- Our units are modern, lockable, and secure with steel partitioned rooms.
- Our facility is open seven days a week from 8am to 8pm for your convenience.
- Our operating system is simple, fool proof, and efficient. Enquire from your phone or laptop 24/7. Once you have received your individual PIN you will be able to access your unit.
- Our units range in size from 12 sq ft to 200 sq ft. They are affordable, clean, and dry.
- Our location in Lowestoft near the railway station is perfectly located to service Oulton on Sea, Kessingland and the surrounding areas.
- Our facility offers easy access for the loading and unloading of your belongings.
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact us on 01502 580005 Please check out customer reviews on our website.