When you consider hiring a unit in a storage facility, what do you expect? You have probably never given much thought to this. That is until you need to hire one of these. Then you will need to do your research to find your best option. So whether you are hiring self-storage to store your household or personal belongings, or for your business, these are some of the services you should look for.
- Your top priority will most probably be security and being assured that your precious belongings are safe while they are in storage, most importantly by being protected from theft. Thus the storage facility you choose would need a great security system in place.
- The storage facility needs to be easily accessible so as to make loading and off-loading your goods as easy as possible. If you have large items such as household or office furniture to store, a drive-up unit will work better as the removal lorry could get closer, but for smaller, lighter items, an inside unit would serve you just as well.
- The storage facility needs to have units that are clean and dry, as any moisture will allow mould to develop on your belongings which can cause damage. Make sure that pests and vermin have no way of entering the units as these can also cause untold damage to your goods.
- If you are a business owner or an entrepreneur use a storage facility and save money on hiring expensive warehousing or extra retail space. Store extra inventory and important documents in a facility, which is a convenient way to save space at the office or at your retail store.
You can even use your self-storage unit as a base from which to run your online business, receiving and dispatching stock whenever needed as it enables easy access for couriers to deliver and pick up stock.
If you run a framing business, or you need to store items such as canvasses or any artistic creations, using a storage facility will ensure that you have a dedicated space for your work while keeping it separate from your home.
- The method that the storage facility uses when you want to book and pay for a unit is also important. Facilities such as Stop & Store Lowestoft offer a state-of-the-art booking system where you can book over the phone. Once you have paid we will send you your exclusive PIN access code, and enter your storage unit immediately. There are no long contracts to enter into or hefty deposits to be paid. Once we have received your payment, you are ready to go – it is as easy as that.
- The hours of operation are important if you are looking for flexibility in terms of when you can access your unit. Take note of whether you can gain access 7 days a week if you do not want to be tied to office hours.
Do’s and Don’ts of a Storage Facility
People need storage for all sorts of items and although most things are allowed and can be stored safely, there are obviously some items that are not allowed. These are items that could potentially cause damage to your unit or even to the facility itself. Check with your storage facility if you are in any doubt about something.
Here is a list of some of the obvious no-no’s that have no place in a storage unit.
- We are often asked if you can live in a storage unit, but no person may use a storage unit as accommodation. The answer is a definite ‘No”.
- No pets or plants can be stored in a unit.
- No perishable foodstuffs can be stored as these will quickly go rotten. Even dried foodstuffs are risky as they will attract pests. So when packing up a kitchen, for example, try and use your dry goods up because they will not be allowed in a storage unit.
- Hazardous or toxic materials that may be flammable or corrosive such as car batteries, motor oil, or fireworks should not be stored in your unit. These materials could leak or start a fire and cause major damage to your or to other people’s belongings.
- Electronic equipment can become damaged by extremes in temperatures that may occur in some storage facilities. Ensure they are correctly packed before storing them, and there will be less chance of damage if they are not stored for lengthy periods of time.
- It goes without saying that anything illegal should never be stored in a storage facility.
Stop & Store Lowestoft Storage Facility
Stop & Store Lowestoft provide the answer to your storage needs as many of our customers will testify. Our experience in the industry we have been involved in for over twenty years means that we are acutely aware of what our customers require from us. We realise that no-one wishes to be locked into long term contracts and that some customers only need self-storage for a month or two. So we are flexible on the length of these storage options.
We are proud of our operating system that is fully automated and simple. You can enquire, book, and pay online 24/7, and have immediate access to your unit.
Not sure which size unit to choose? If you have any doubts or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We also run specials and discounts on some of our units, so please enquire about these too.
Our units are well lit, and our facility is protected by monitored CCTV and intruder alarms. No-one else has access to your unit, so you can be assured that your belongings are safe from theft. Our hours are 8am to 6pm, 7 days a week which gives you ample time to access your unit.
Please contact us on 01502 580005 or Enquire Here