Self storage facilities are experiencing a growth in popularity and are becoming busy places. At some point, most of us will need some extra storage space, whether it is for home or business. One of the reasons is that they supply secure extra storage space when you need it most. Another reason is that self storage units are very affordable when compared with other storage alternatives. Space is expensive so by including a self storage unit into your storage planning you can save yourself some money.
Stop & Store Lowestoft has an added advantage with their booking system which is user friendly and simple. Book and pay same day for immediate access – it is as quick and easy as that.
The reason people need a self storage unit are many and varied, and sometimes we find that some people have unique uses for their storage unit.
What are the Reasons People Use a Self Storage Unit?
- The most common reason why people use a self storage unit is because they are moving to a new home, and they need a place to store their stuff. Moving is one of the most stressful experiences that disrupts our normal everyday life and routines. So any way that we can find to make this process run smoothly is something that we should embrace.
If you need to sell your house before buying a new one, you need to smarten it up so that it can be presented in the best light possible. This way it will hopefully attract a premium price. One of the ways to achieve this is to pack your clutter away and move it and any extra furniture into a storage unit.
The beauty of a self storage unit is that you are not locked into any long term rentals, so whether you need it for a month only or for much longer, your goods will be safe.
- If you are carrying out renovations in your existing home, hiring a self storage unit to keep your precious belongings safely out of the way makes sense. This will prevent your furniture from getting scuffed and dented by careless contractors who will also be able to get on with their work unimpeded by a houseful of furniture.
- Changes in your relationship status may mean that you have to find space to store any extras. If you are moving in with your partner and you are not ready to get rid of all your duplicate items, but do not have space for them in your shared home, think about using a self storage unit. You can keep your belongings there for as long as you want.
The same applies if you are dealing with a deceased estate. During this sad time there are difficult decisions to be made, including the question of what to do with the possessions that have been left behind. Putting them in a self storage unit buys some time while the legalities get sorted out. It also ensures that they remain safe while you decide on the way forward.
- Students find using a self storage unit very useful for storing their belongings during the long summer break when they have to move out of their residences. This is a convenient option instead of moving your stuff back home over the holidays.
This makes self storage facilities near colleges and universities very popular for students, especially if they are affordable.
A Storage Unit for Business Use
This is a growing market as more and more business owners take advantage of the fact their businesses can benefit from using a self storage unit.
- Use a self storage unit as a warehouse if you work from your home office or have a small business. If you have an online business you can use one to store your stocks and inventories and even use it to do your packing. This is a cost effective option as it is much cheaper to hire a unit rather than a warehouse.
- Retail businesses can store their seasonal inventory in a storage unit, as well as any promotional materials. Renting extra retail space for the purpose of storing these extras is more costly. Your business will benefit from the savings you make by renting a self storage unit instead.
- When it comes to storing your important documents you will find a self storage unit to be a great help. Although in many businesses everything is digital and stored on the cloud there are still those professionals such as accountants and solicitors who by law are required to keep paper records for a set number of years. Keeping it safely locked up in a self storage unit means that your documents are secure and accessible to you at any time.
- If your business is growing and you need space to expand consider renting a self storage unit to store your unused office equipment and cabinet files. This will free up office space for the extra work stations that you need. The monthly rental you will pay for a storage unit is cheaper than commercial property or a warehouse so this will help you keep costs under control.
Solve Your Storage Problems – Rent a Self Storage Unit at Stop & Store Lowestoft
- Whether you are storing personal items or for business reasons the most important consideration is the security of your goods. Our storage facility is fully secured with 24/7 monitored CCTV and intruder alarms so you can have peace of mind that your goods are safe.
- There is easy access to the units for loading and off-loading. We can also offer you a trolley to help with your move.
- Our units come in a variety of sizes ranging from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft. They are clean, dry, and secure steel partitioned rooms. To make it easier for you to choose the right sized unit please use our Space Calculator to assist you.
- Rent a self storage unit from as little as one month to as long as you need. There are no contracts or leases to sign, and we do not require a deposit.
- We are open seven days a week for your convenience. Our hours are 8am to 6pm so you can come and go as you please during these times.
- Stop & Store Lowestoft is conveniently situated near the railway station in Lowestoft and is also suitable to service Oulton Broad, Hopton on Sea, Kessingland, and surrounding areas.
- Please check customer reviews on our website.
Give us a call on 01502 580005 for more information.