As your business grows, one of the first consequences you will notice as the business owner is that you seem to be short of storage space, whether you run a retail shop, work from an office, or work from your garage at home. Whether your business has inventory or stock, or you own a service business, you need space to store your stuff safely and at an affordable price and that preferably doesn’t make a big dent to your bottom line.
There are some alternatives to solving your business storage problems.
- The first of these is the traditional one of renting warehouse space. This means signing a long lease, putting down a large deposit, and paying monthly premiums for power and other utilities in addition to your monthly rental. This may not be an option for a small business as it can become very expensive. It also means being locked into a longer lease than you would wish for, and you will be unable to terminate this lease early if your circumstances change.
- Hiring extra retail space in a shopping centre is another way of solving your business storage problems if you own a shop, and you need more space for your inventory or point of sale materials. Retail space is expensive per square foot, and involves long leases, deposits, and paying extra for utilities. In other words, it is an inflexible option.
- When you run out of office space for the storage of equipment, or if your business has grown to such an extent that you need to make space for more workstations for extra personnel, hiring a larger office can be expensive in relation to the returns you expect.
- Businesses need to keep financial records, client files, and legal documents for prolonged periods. Some professions are required to keep these records for longer than others. This means mounds of paperwork that can build up and become difficult to store neatly and safely, creating a cluttered working environment that is not conducive to your employees being productive. Hiring extra office space to store these can be a costly exercise.
How Renting a Self Storage Unit Can Help Your Business
Businesses have to evolve and adapt quickly in order to stay competitive in this ever-changing market. The parameters for doing business have changed over the past nearly two years of the pandemic with many businesses going to the wall as the rules of operation were changed by circumstances beyond our control. Borders were closed, and restrictions put in place on everything from where we could go, how we could work and study, how many people could be in a certain space together, to the actual closing down of businesses such as pubs, shops, and so-called non-essential services.
To survive these upheavals, businesses have been required to be open to new ideas and embracing new ways of operating. Unfortunately many business have been unable to survive these challenging times and have had to close. Others may have found new ways of operating to ensure that their doors stay open.
One of the innovative ideas that is worth your consideration if you need a solution to your business storage problems is to rent a self storage unit in a storage facility such as Stop & Store Lowestoft as this could provide you with the answer to your business storage problems.
- Self storage is affordable in that the monthly fee you are quoted is what you pay. There are no hidden extra charges added which makes budgeting much simpler.
- It is also convenient as you can choose a facility nearby your business so as to make moving your goods in and fetching any stock you may need from storage easy. Our facility at Stop & Store Lowestoft have trolleys to help you move your items.
- The hours of operation of a storage facility are flexible enough to enable you to access it when you need to.
- Talking of flexibility, at our facility there is no need to sign a long term contract, no deposits to be paid, and the contract can be easily terminated.
- And the most important consideration is the level of security offered at a facility to ensure that your goods are safe from theft. Security needs to be state-of-the-art, and you need to be happy with the type of security the facility offers.
- The facility needs to offer units that are clean, dry, and pest free so that you can rest assured that your business documents, inventory, or stock won’t be damaged from any moisture or pests.
Why use Stop & Store Lowestoft for Your Business Storage?
Stop & Store Lowestoft provide the answer to your business storage needs as many of our customers will testify. Our experience in the industry we have been involved in for over twenty years means that we are acutely aware of what our customers require from us.
- We realise that no one wishes to be locked into long term contracts that traditional warehousing requires and that some customers only need self-storage for a month or two. So this is possible when using our facility.
- Our operating system is fully automated and simple. You can enquire, book, and pay online 24/7. We will send you your PIN which will give you immediate access to your unit.
- Not sure which size unit to choose? If you have any doubts or queries please do not hesitate to contact us. We also run specials and discounts on some of our units, so please enquire about these too.
- Our units are well lit, and our facility is protected by CCTV cameras that are monitored 24/7, as well as intruder alarms. You have exclusive access to your unit, so you can rest assured that your belongings are safe from theft.
- Our hours are 8am to 6pm, 7 days a week which gives you ample time to access your unit.
- Please contact us on 01502 580005