When you decide to rent a self storage unit, especially for the first time, there are some things that you should look for. Self storage provides an affordable solution to the problem of where to keep your excess household or business effects.
The reasons why people need self storage are many and varied. Here are some of them:
What to Look for When Renting a Self Storage Unit
Here are some of the things that you should know about before committing yourself to renting a unit. We have listed some here for you to look for when renting a self storage unit.
- Safety and security of your storage unit should be a top priority. Nobody wants to risk their belongings being stolen while they are in storage. When you are looking for a suitable facility make sure that the one you choose offers customers top security measures such as monitored CCTV and strict access control to prevent intruders.
- Location is important if you plan on accessing your goods regularly while they are in storage, so a facility nearby you will be more suitable. But if you only need your self storage unit to keep your things and you have no plan of accessing them, then you can choose a storage unit based on price. Even if it is far off the beaten track it will be fine for your needs.
- Decide on the size of the unit you need. Once you know which items you want to store you will be able to decide on which sized unit will suit you best. The cost of a unit is based on its size, so choosing the right size is important. If you plan on accessing your goods while they are in storage don’t choose a size that is too small. A tightly packed unit will make it impossible for you to access anything that isn’t at the door without unpacking your boxes into the corridor. Rather choose a larger-sized unit so you can pack it in a way conducive to accessing your goods easier.
- Everyone wants value for money, so check whether the facility of choice is running any specials or discounts on their units at the time that you need storage. You may find that they are offering a free month if you sign up for two.
- Check the hours of business that the facility offers. If you need after-hours access, make sure that the facility can assist you.
- Check out the physical condition of the storage facility. If it looks run down and uncared for, you can be sure that the maintenance is being neglected. Check the condition of the roof, any cracks, or gaps in the walls of the unit that would allow vermin to get at your goods, and the condition of the doors and locks. These are indicators of how well-managed a facility is.
- Do you need to store your goods for a few weeks or for longer? Most storage facilities allow storage from month to month without cumbersome contracts that you would be required to sign when renting warehouse space. Find out if there is a deposit to be paid.
- Reviews from clients are important when deciding on a certain facility. You wouldn’t buy any item that has bad customer reviews, and the same applies to self storage. Don’t entrust your precious possessions to a facility that has dodgy reviews.
- Find out whether the self storage facility you are planning on using allows the items which you intend to store. Storage facilities are designed to store personal and business items such as furniture, household appliances, clothing, sports equipment, paperwork, and electronics. They are not designed to keep anything flammable, toxic, or living, like pets or plants. Other items that shouldn’t be stored include foodstuffs that may attract bugs and rodents, anything that is damp, stolen items, or anything illegal.
- It is recommended that you take out insurance on your belongings while they are in storage. This will ensure that you are protected in the event of something going wrong.
Our storage facility Stop & Store Lowestoft will tick these boxes, so when you are looking for a suitable storage facility, please contact us.
Here are some of the reasons why Stop & Store Lowestoft is such a good choice as a storage facility.
- The security of your belongings is our priority, so our storage facility is fully secured with monitored CCTV and intruder alarms. You can therefore be assured that your belongings will be safe from being stolen.
- Stop & Store Lowestoft is conveniently situated and easily accessible.
- We offer easy access to the units for convenient loading and off-loading.
- Our units, which vary in size from 12 sq. ft. to 200 sq. ft., are modern, steel-partitioned rooms that are clean, dry, and secure.
- Rentals are available from one month to as long as you need. What we quote is what you pay as there are no hidden extras.
- Please contact us if you need assistance with choosing the correct unit size.
- Once you have paid we send you your unique PIN, and you get access to your unit.
- Our units are affordable. Please check our website for any specials we may be running.
- Please check our website for reviews left by our customers.
Please contact us on 01329 556174 We look forward to hearing from you!